Welcome! Thank you for your interest in the Saboten Con AMV Contest in downtown Phoenix, AZ. This will be our 5th year hosting the competition and very exciting for this year. Here is everything that you will need to know if you would like to participate! Be sure to read the rules before submitting your entry. We can't wait to see what you create this year! Here are the following categories that we have for this year:
Action / Adventure
(Thriller, Theater, Emotional)
(Rhythm, Energy type feels)
(Film type, Commercial ads.)
The Arizonians (Back for 2nd year)
(Our Local Editors Only)
-Policies and Conditions-
1. Will not accept any physical media you submit to us unless otherwise you need to, please contact us.
2. You grant us unconditional, irrevocable, and eternal permission to use your submission(s) in any way, which includes (but is not limited to) copying, sharing, and exhibiting, as well as any purposes and usages that may be unrelated to this event.
3. The coordinators and judges may, at their discretion, re-categorize any entry they deem unsuited for the category specified by the entrant.
4. The coordinators and judges have the right to disqualify any submission for any fair and justifiable reason not foreseen in these rules.
5. All judgments and decisions are final and will post up the finalist in each category.
6. Do not submit someone else’s AMV as if it were your own. Do not submit an “improved” version of someone else’s AMV unless you have the original creator’s explicit permission to do so.
1. Maximum Submissions
You may submit a maximum of two AMVs per person.
No two AMVs may be for the same category.
(Can have a 3rd entry only if its for Trailer/ Humor Category only)
Must be no longer then 6mins and the minimum of 30 secs(Excepted Fun/ trailer/ ad AMVs)
2. Intros, closings, and identifiers.
Entries are screened anonymously. Therefore, videos should not contain any identifying information such as intros, closings, logos, slates, or credits of any kind.
NOTE: Any Trailer parodies are an exception and may use studio-style slates or
logos where customary, provided that they are completely original.
3. Studio Trademarks
Entries may not use studio trademarks (e.g. Paramount, DreamWorks, WB logos, Funimation, etc.) unless it is intentional, it will be negotiated with before the entry is put in the contest.
4. Inappropriate Content
Entries that contain excessive content unsuitable for an age 13+ audience as determined by the coordinators and/or judges may be disqualified. Context and severity shall be taken under consideration.
For those with this concern, it is recommended to look over your submission or to not add that content at all. This included language in the audio/ music.
5. Non-Anime/Video Game Content
The visual content of your entry should consist of at least 70% anime-styled, manga-styled, or video game content. The judges reserve the right to accept or reject entries based on whether, in their opinion, an entry fits the spirit of an Anime Music Video event.
6. Submission Freshness Requirement
Your entry must be fresh prior from November 1st, 2018 to present.
-What We Prefer-
• Please add 5 seconds of black screening to the start and end of each entry.
• Files much be MP4, AVI, WMV (MP4 is highly suggested).
• Files averaging ~30MB per minute (75MB minimum, 300MB maximum).
• No video quality defects such as blurring, interlacing, macro-block.
• Audio must at lease 128 Kbps or higher, since will have better equipment this year.
Please check audio before sending, had some videos last year with low audio.
Preferred Video Resolutions:
We strongly recommend submitting your video in the exact same resolution
that your source material is in, which is likely one of the following:
• 1920x1080 (This is the Max. will allow) (----STRONGLY PREPERRED)
• 1280x720 (16:9, Square Pixel) (----STRONGLY PREPERRED)
• 720x480 (4:3, 0.9:1 Pixel Aspect Ratio)
• 720x480 (16:9, 1.21:1 Pixel Aspect Ratio)
What We REJECT:
• Any video hosting links such as YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, or similar.
• Anything that requires an unusual level of difficulty to work with.
• Any language use, and inappropriate content.
• Poor video quality and sound, again please check over your videos.
We are only allowing electronic entries (via-email), no physical entries allowed.
- Entries being submitted online (via e-mail with the video links; Sendspace, Mediafire, google drive etc.) must be fully uploaded by the DEADLINE ON JULY 27TH 11:59PM ARIZONA TIME.
- Along with the entry, please provide the following information about the AMV:
Name or Studio name to be used:
Title of AMV:
Anime/ Video Source:
Artist/ Audio Source:
Video download link:
Are you Attending?:
Send all info to email@example.com .
- Once your AMV has been submitted to us, we will send an e-mail confirming (If I can reply in time) that we have received the entry.
- If the AMV has been approved for screening, we will send a second e-mail as soon as possible confirming your participation in the contest and will
also be posted on the this forum.
- If the AMV has NOT been approved for screening,
o (If there is still time before the deadline), we will send an e-mail recommending to make any adjustments based on the rules above.
o (If there is NO time before the deadline or NO changes can be made based on the rules above) It will be disqualified.
Remember, THE DEADLINE IS July 27TH 11:59PM ARIZONA TIME. We will post the finalist a few days before the convention weekend.
Until the deadline, we will work as much as we can to get your entry ready and accepted for judging. (With the exception of making the AMV of course that’s your work)
Please direct all submission entries and any questions or concerns to:
Please put AMV submission as the subject line for your entry.
-Thank You and Happy Editing