Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sewing

Sewing 2 months 2 weeks ago #2294

• ardusades
  • Expert Boarder
  • I'm not small, I'm fun-sized! ^O^
  • Thank you received: 11
So does anyone know how to start getting into making their own cosplays? I want to start sewing and constructing my cosplays and props, but I don't know where to get started, any suggestions?
Don't keep calm, go freaking insane XD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sewing 2 months 2 weeks ago #2295

• Sumnang
  • Senior Boarder
  • tricoloredcat.tumblr.com/cospl​ay
  • Thank you received: 4
Don't go for something too complicated, obviously. But you also don't want to go for something real simple either, because as easy as it would be to sew a t-shirt, it's just as easy to buy it.
Is your plan to sew everything or buy and edit along the way?
Was at PCC as
Eyeless Jack(Creepypasta)
Elsen(OFF)
Miharu Rokujo(Nabari No Ou)
Hunter(L4D)

Sewing 2 months 2 weeks ago #2297

• ardusades
  • Expert Boarder
Oh I'm not going to make a cosplay just yet, I just want to know the basics and how-tos; sorry for the confusion ^^"

Sewing 2 months 2 weeks ago #2298

• Sumnang
  • Senior Boarder
Alright! As far as getting into cosplay, the sky's the limit! the best thing is that if something doesn't look right the first time around, it's so easy to fix it along the way(such as a wig being off color for the con, you can fix it to be better for the next one!).

I think the best thing I could give advice in is how to pull off your character. It's easy to do whoever you like and be beautiful at it but I myself am pretty conscious about whether or not I can pull it off. I'm a scrawny, short kid, so obviously, I wouldn't want to try cosplaying someone like, say, Alex Armstong(FMA.) However I can pull off someone like Ciel Phantomhive(Black Butler) and that's something I look out for.

If you really wanna try, go for what could match you. Here's a good video on that.

I think the one thing I would stress about your cosplay is that it fits you okay. I had gone through many of my first cosplays with my pants falling off or my shirt sleeves covering my fingertips. It looks very amatuer and very bad. Hopefully you or someone you know can help you tailor things if you end up buying something big. It's always better to get it too big than too small. You can't fix too small.

:)

If there's anything else you wanna know about I can probably try to help you. If I haven't already any knowledge off the top of my head I'll end up researching to no ends to I'll have some information nonetheless.
Was at PCC as
Elsen(OFF)
Hunter(L4D)

Sewing 2 months 1 week ago #2303

• ardusades
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks! I'll let you know! Btw are you bringing your violin again this year? You played beautifully last year!

Sewing 2 months 1 week ago #2304

• Sumnang
  • Senior Boarder
Oh, yeah, probably! It's really fun to see faces of cosplayers light up when I try to play their theme songs! ^u^
Was at PCC as
Elsen(OFF)
Hunter(L4D)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds