Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homestuck

Homestuck 1 year 4 months ago #681

aww )o:

well if you need any homestucks to hang out with let me know^^ where everywhere
cosplays: Kurloz makara
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by silentprinceofrage.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Homestuck 1 year 3 months ago #1082

• ironflagscaf
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
to all homestuck cosplayers please don't be rude to hetalia cosplayers
..I saw this happen at PCC I was dressed al America and these two trolls wouldn't leave me alone
soo all I ask is just to please not bug hetalia fans

Homestuck 1 year 3 months ago #1085

• der-freischutz
  • Senior Boarder
its why I don't hang with a lot of the homestucks they tend to be very ... idk to them selves and like ignore anyone from any other thing that talks to them atleast that's how im always treated even if im not in a hetalia cosplay
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by der-freischutz.

Homestuck 1 year 3 months ago #1162

• RosettaRabbitpunch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • derp da herp
While not a GOOD reason, for there never is a good reason to be rude to others, there IS actually a reason for this.

At PCC, you probably know (or are a part of, and if so I'm sorry for what I'm about to say but it's the truth) a group of Hetalia cosplayers, usually biggish girls in military uniforms with flags. They tend to stick to themselves but are extremely crude, and when Hetalia fist appeared in PCC, made a huge deal over it and went out of their way to bully a good deal of the cosplayers. Because these hetalia cosplayers, last I was at PCC, were dubbed 'THE' PCC hetalia group, a bunch of other hetalia's decided it was 'cool' to mimic them and treat Homestuck fans like crap.

Because this approach is actually EXTREMELY normal, many of the YOUNGER homestucks have taken the 'I will hurt you before you hurt me' defense.

While I don't approve, after joining the fanbase and seeing it first hand, i can't exactly blame them.
Welcome back to silent hill...

remember, remember, the screams in your head, put some film in your camera, and capture the dead..-Fatal frame

Homestuck 1 year 3 months ago #1164

• RosettaRabbitpunch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • derp da herp
While not a GOOD reason, there is a reason.

I explained to the other person but I will explain again. There is what, last I went to PCC, a group know as the 'THE' PCC hetalia group, who are looked highly at by the other fans of hetalia, despite the fact that, and excuse my language, they act like utter assholes. (I know this first hand. Many will sit there, right in front of me, make my friends CRY, then turn around and invite me for ice creaming, knowing very well their victim was someone I was close to)

They're the group you usually see in military outfits carrying flags. Now, what I, again saw first hand, was that the minute homestucks came to PCC, these Hetalia fans went out of their way to bully, ostricize (excuse my spelling) and torment the homestuck cosplayers.

Because so many other hetalia fans (wrongfully) idolize this group, they decided it was 'cool and acceptable' to do the same.

Since joining the homestuck fanbase, I have noticed that most of the 'rude; fans are the younger ones, usually still in freshman-junior years of high school, and after seeing, yet again first hand, the discrimination put on the fanbase, and the horrible things done to myself (my best friend of 5 years has distanced herself from me and others simply for liking the comic) I can say that the distain homestucks feel for others not within the community, though unfair, is not unfounded.

They have taken the 'I will hurt or ignore you before you hurt or ignore me' defense, the same defense that geeks/nerds/outcasts tend to use on jocks/cheerleaders/popular kids without bothering to get to know them.

Again, while not fair, nor nice, it isn't unfounded.

Take the 'homestuck hunters' face book page. While, I suppose, it was meant as a joke, the fact alone that a page which created an event that stated they would go to PCC, kill, attack, and ruin the costumes of homestuck cosplayers really does point out how it's difficult to expect the fanbase to feel anything but angry at other groups, seeing as they are constantly left out.

You also have to realize that most homestucks aren't actually mean. The ones who treated other poorly for not being in the fandom are actually looked down upon by others and are often then not not invited to events.

take, for example, the gamzee cosplayer I mentioned who harrased my friend so badly she had a athsma (again excuse the spelling) attack.

Many fans I've mentioned this gamzee to in the state of AZ have instantly replied with "Oh. THAT Gamzee. Nobody likes that gamzee. That gamzee is an ass."

Sorry for the long reply, (and for sounding like Rose Lalonde, for those who read the comic) but I felt is was needed.
Welcome back to silent hill...

remember, remember, the screams in your head, put some film in your camera, and capture the dead..-Fatal frame

Homestuck 1 year 3 months ago #1166

• ironflagscaf
  • Expert Boarder
I remember how hetalia was the new thing back then..
and how some not all cosplayer were mean
but all I want to say is I love homestuck and hetalia
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds