Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Real steel weapons policy

Real steel weapons policy 3 months 2 days ago #2639

• musach22
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello I'm going to be going as link for the Legend of Zelda and my cosplay involves a real steel sword. I was wondering if there is any policy about bring it out for photos. ( it is very dull at the least)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real steel weapons policy 3 months 6 hours ago #2655

• wyverngeek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

The convention has a policy that any real steel bladed weapon must be peace bonded while in the convention space.

However, in the interest of photographs, we will allow the peace bonding to be removed for photos at the photo booth, and in conjunction with any competitive event you are entered into (Masquerade, cos-play contests and such).

This is on condition that you have the weapon peace bonded again at the conclusion of the show.

Removing the weapon in any non-official photograph in the halls or elsewhere on the convention property is not allowed. If you leave the convention space you may of course remove the bond and do as you please, but the weapon would need to again be peace bonded when brought back into the convention space.

If you are interested in removing it for photos at the booth, or in any event, just visit the Security office and ask to speak to myself (Security Director) or one of the coordinators and we can assist in allowing you to remove the bond for those unique circumstances.

Thanks
Chris Hemminghaus
Security Director
Saboten Con
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds