Saboten is happy to announce the creation of a new department. We will be opening the doors to our disability services department which will offer amenities to those attendees that might need additional help due to a disability. For 2012 we will offer the following services.
- A rest area for the disabled, the elderly, expectant mothers, and parents with small infants.
- An enclosed nursing area for mothers with infants
- Registration service for attendees with mobility issues
- Wheelchairs for loan in two- to three-hour increments on a first-come, first- served basis; all you need is an ID and a $20 cash deposit
- American Sign Language interpreters for the deaf at large panels and the Masquerade
- Special limited seating for large programming events and the Masquerade
If you are an attendee with disabilities, Saboten Con wants to make your experience as fun and as entertaining as possible, but there are a few limitations on what can be provided. For example:
- Programming rooms fill up quickly, and all seating is on a first-come, first- served basis, so special seating may not be available if you wait until the last minute to get to the room. Please read your Program Guide and plan your day accordingly, keeping in mind the popularity of most events.
- Special autograph sessions are always limited, so it is a good idea to make arrangements to have someone within your group save a spot for you in line. Keep in mind that Disabled Services cannot guarantee any seating, autographs, or giveaways.
If you have questions, please contact
and we will be happy to help out.